– Where do mindsets come from?
– What is the role of motivation in learning?
– How do mindsets affect students’ achievements?
– What can teachers do to encourage students to face challenges rather than be overwhelmed by them?
– Changing the meaning of failure and effort.
Professor Carol Dweck, leading researcher in the field of motivation; Professor of Psychology, Stanford University, USA; author: Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
Why not take a look..you would be surprised how much it might resonate with your own learning!
Sincere thanks to my colleague Ian Mulcahy. Ian is currently working towards a PhD in University College Cork. His topic: How a deeper understanding of mind, brain and education can impact teaching and learning” focuses on how the mind and brain works and how it’s study can effectively improve the learning process. Many thanks again Ian for this contribution!
For more on the intricacies of the Brain, why not check out other blogs in this section